Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Zesty Noodle Soup

Tonight I wanted to make soup, but nothing in my pantry looked good to me so I decided to make up something completely new.  Here's what I came up with!



Zesty Noodle Soup

1 Tbs Olive Oil
1 package of 95% lean turkey sausage sliced in hale lengthwise and then sliced again.
1 chopped onion
1 cup frozen tri color pepper slices
1/2 cup frozen corn
28 oz can of diced tomatos
8 cups of water
6 oz dry whole grain rotini pasta
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 Tbsp roasted ground coriander
1/2 cup lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Saute in a large pot the sausage and onion in the olive oil on high heat until the edges turn black on the sausage.  Add the frozen veggies and 1 cup of the water.  Heat it for 5 minutes.  Add the tomatoes and the rest of the ingredients.  Boil uncovered for 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente












1 comment: